14 Shouts - 146,159 Scrobbles
Born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1969, James Carter began playing saxophone at age 11, first recorded with a Detroit student ensemble in 1986 and, by 1991, had recorded with legendary trumpeter Lester Bowie on The Organizer and contributed to the 1991 collection The Tough Young Tenors. Mastering a family of reed instruments, from sopranino to contrabass saxophones to contrabass and bass clarinets, James Carter mesmerized the jazz world after arriving in New York City in 1988 to play under the auspices of Lester Bowie.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sussa Nita - (6:06) - 320 plays
- 'Round Midnight - (6:07) - 180 plays
- Bossa J.C. - (4:46) - 186 plays
- Freedom Jazz Dance - 119 plays
- Pour Que Ma Vie Demeure - (5:09) - 165 plays
- Soul Street - 116 plays
- Rapid Shave - (7:32) - 150 plays
- You Never Told Me That You Care - (6:41) - 114 plays
- The Intimacy Of My Woman's Beautiful Eyes - (8:47) - 75 plays
- Song Of Delilah - (5:13) - 110 plays