25 Shouts - 218,638 Scrobbles
James Carroll Booker III (December 17, 1939 – November 8, 1983) was a New Orleans rhythm and blues pianist, organ player and singer, born in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. Booker's unique style combined rhythm and blues with jazz standards. Musician Dr. John described Booker as “the best black, gay, one-eyed junkie piano genius New Orleans has ever produced.” Booker was the son and grandson of Baptist ministers, both of whom played the piano. He spent most of his childhood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where his father pastored a church.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gonzo - (2:22) - 1,636 plays
- LyricsJunco Partner
Down the road come a Junco Partner.
He was loaded, loaded as could be.
He was knocked out, knocked out loaded right now.
And he wabble and wabble, all over the town
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:39) - 721 plays
- One For The Highway - (2:34) - 537 plays
- Classified - (4:03) - 408 plays
- All By Myself - (3:28) - 258 plays
- Please Send Me Someone to Love - (5:20) - 263 plays
- Pixie - (2:50) - 220 plays
- Black Minute Waltz - (3:12) - 219 plays
- Goodnight Irene - (3:32) - 224 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online