25 Shouts - 213,187 Scrobbles
James Carroll Booker III (December 17, 1939 – November 8, 1983) was a New Orleans rhythm and blues pianist, organ player and singer, born in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. Booker's unique style combined rhythm and blues with jazz standards. Musician Dr. John described Booker as “the best black, gay, one-eyed junkie piano genius New Orleans has ever produced.” Booker was the son and grandson of Baptist ministers, both of whom played the piano. He spent most of his childhood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where his father pastored a church.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gonzo - (2:22) - 1,535 plays
- LyricsJunco Partner
Down the road come a Junco Partner.
He was loaded, loaded as could be.
He was knocked out, knocked out loaded right now.
And he wabble and wabble, all over the town
- One For The Highway - (2:34) - 565 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:39) - 703 plays
- Classified - (4:03) - 421 plays
- All By Myself - (3:28) - 264 plays
- Pixie - (2:50) - 230 plays
- Black Minute Waltz - (3:12) - 235 plays
- Please Send Me Someone to Love - (5:20) - 290 plays
- Goodnight Irene - (3:32) - 218 plays