25 Shouts - 167,633 Scrobbles
Troubled genius James Carroll Booker III first became known as a New Orleans soul R&B organist and later established a reputation as one of the most exciting, mercurial players in a long line of legendary piano professors. Booker and Professor Longhair are the soul of New Orleans expressing through their pianos the joy and pain of life in one of America's greatest but poorest cities. In the post-Second World War era, the city's working class poor, mixed Irish descent dockworkers from New York and Creoles worked side by side on the docks of the then second-largest port in the U.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gonzo - (2:26) - 2,266 plays
- Junco Partner - (5:50) - 1,252 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:39) - 729 plays
- Please Send Me Someone to Love - (4:37) - 493 plays
- Classified - (4:09) - 477 plays
- All By Myself - (3:28) - 287 plays
- African Gumbo - (2:45) - 224 plays
- Good Night Irene - (3:31) - 243 plays
- Black Minute Waltz - (3:12) - 282 plays
- Put Out the Light - (3:08) - 263 plays