25 Shouts - 206,969 Scrobbles
James Carroll Booker III (December 17, 1939 – November 8, 1983) was a New Orleans rhythm and blues pianist, organ player and singer, born in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. Booker's unique style combined rhythm and blues with jazz standards. Musician Dr. John described Booker as “the best black, gay, one-eyed junkie piano genius New Orleans has ever produced.” Booker was the son and grandson of Baptist ministers, both of whom played the piano. He spent most of his childhood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where his father pastored a church.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gonzo - (2:22) - 1,819 plays
- Junco Partner - (8:33) - 1,023 plays
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street - (3:39) - 1,024 plays
- One For The Highway - (2:34) - 398 plays
- Classified - (4:03) - 504 plays
- All By Myself - (3:28) - 229 plays
- Pixie - (2:50) - 232 plays
- Please Send Me Someone to Love - (5:20) - 281 plays
- Black Minute Waltz - (3:12) - 243 plays
- Goodnight Irene - (3:32) - 243 plays