8 Shouts - 150,478 Scrobbles
Jah Free "The dub activist". A very long history cut short. Firstly a singer and musician in a Southend, U.K. based band "Tallowah" mid 70's. Tallowah grew and became "BUSHFIRE" a very popular 8 piece band in the 80s playin their own creations. As with many bands there was conflict and Jah Free went up solo and concentrated on his own lyrics and music. Local reggae at this time was very limited there were only local sound men/enthusiasts who collected and played other artists music. It was time to widen the local eye with other UK sound systems.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hear Me Dub - (3:44) - 538 plays
- Dub One Another - (4:06) - 168 plays
- Jacques Chirac - (4:04) - 90 plays
- Oh Lord - (4:31) - 78 plays
- Wicked Can't Run - (4:09) - 84 plays
- Ethiopia - (3:52) - 64 plays
- Rod Of Correction - (4:11) - 62 plays
- Lightning Clap - (3:51) - 47 plays
- Hear Me Calling - (4:03) - 123 plays
- The Times - (3:35) - 36 plays