8 Shouts - 144,558 Scrobbles
Jah Free "The dub activist". A very long history cut short. Firstly a singer and musician in a Southend, U.K. based band "Tallowah" mid 70's. Tallowah grew and became "BUSHFIRE" a very popular 8 piece band in the 80s playin their own creations. As with many bands there was conflict and Jah Free went up solo and concentrated on his own lyrics and music. Local reggae at this time was very limited there were only local sound men/enthusiasts who collected and played other artists music. It was time to widen the local eye with other UK sound systems.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hear Me Dub - (3:44) - 700 plays
- Dub One Another - (4:06) - 199 plays
- Lion Of Judah - (5:09) - 122 plays
- Wicked Can't Run - (4:09) - 136 plays
- Hear Me Calling - (4:03) - 132 plays
- Oh Lord - (4:31) - 98 plays
- Jacques Chirac - (4:04) - 77 plays
- The Times - (3:35) - 55 plays
- Wicked Dub - (4:10) - 68 plays
- Ethiopia - (3:52) - 58 plays