26 Shouts - 889,758 Scrobbles
Jacques Loussier (born October 26. 1934 in Angers, France) is a French musician and composer. He studied classical music at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris and worked later as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour. In 1959 he combined his affection for Johann Sebastian Bach with his growing interest for jazz and founded the Play Bach Trio. This group played and improvised on basis of Bach's compositions. This created vast international attention and in 1960-63 he produced 4 albums, which sold in about 6 million copies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Theme From Dark of the Sun - (3:11) - 1,769 plays
- Toccata & Fugue In D Minor - (8:56) - 424 plays
- Air on a G String - (3:35) - 294 plays
- Fugue N 2 En Ut Mineur BWV 847 - (2:46) - 151 plays
- Fugue No. 5 in D Major - 147 plays
- Aria - (3:24) - 218 plays
- Cantate N 147 BWV 147 Herz Und Mund Und Tat Und Leben - (4:09) - 116 plays
- Partita N 1 BWV 825 En Si Bémol Majeur-Gigue - (3:07) - 114 plays
- Suite Pour Orchestre N 3 En Ré Majeur BWV 1068 - (3:26) - 97 plays
- Fugue N 1 En Ut Majeur BWV 846 - (5:01) - 94 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online