26 Shouts - 853,213 Scrobbles
Jacques Loussier (born October 26. 1934 in Angers, France) is a French musician and composer. He studied classical music at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris and worked later as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour. In 1959 he combined his affection for Johann Sebastian Bach with his growing interest for jazz and founded the Play Bach Trio. This group played and improvised on basis of Bach's compositions. This created vast international attention and in 1960-63 he produced 4 albums, which sold in about 6 million copies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Theme From Dark of the Sun - (3:11) - 1,963 plays
- Toccata & Fugue In D Minor - (8:56) - 224 plays
- Air on a G String - (3:35) - 272 plays
- Main Theme From Dark Sun - (3:11) - 163 plays
- Air On a G String - Hamlet Advert - [HD Digitally Re-Mastered 2011] - (2:45) - 175 plays
- Pastorale in C Minor - (4:50) - 140 plays
- Aria - (3:24) - 198 plays
- Siciliano in G Minor - (3:39) - 199 plays
- Suite No. 3 in D Major, Bwv 1068: Air On the G String (Remastered) - (3:25) - 120 plays
- Prelude No.1: C-Major (Remastered) - (5:28) - 99 plays