26 Shouts - 859,980 Scrobbles
Jacques Loussier (born October 26. 1934 in Angers, France) is a French musician and composer. He studied classical music at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris and worked later as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour. In 1959 he combined his affection for Johann Sebastian Bach with his growing interest for jazz and founded the Play Bach Trio. This group played and improvised on basis of Bach's compositions. This created vast international attention and in 1960-63 he produced 4 albums, which sold in about 6 million copies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Theme From Dark of the Sun - (3:11) - 1,935 plays
- Toccata & Fugue In D Minor - (8:56) - 223 plays
- Air on a G String - (3:35) - 282 plays
- Main Theme From Dark Sun - (3:11) - 160 plays
- Siciliano in G Minor - (3:39) - 181 plays
- Aria - (3:24) - 213 plays
- Air On a G String - Hamlet Advert - [HD Digitally Re-Mastered 2011] - (2:45) - 160 plays
- Pastorale in C Minor - (4:50) - 133 plays
- Fugue N 2 En Ut Mineur BWV 847 - (2:46) - 94 plays
- Fugue No. 5 in D Major - 125 plays