26 Shouts - 851,665 Scrobbles
Jacques Loussier (born October 26. 1934 in Angers, France) is a French musician and composer. He studied classical music at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris and worked later as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour. In 1959 he combined his affection for Johann Sebastian Bach with his growing interest for jazz and founded the Play Bach Trio. This group played and improvised on basis of Bach's compositions. This created vast international attention and in 1960-63 he produced 4 albums, which sold in about 6 million copies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Theme From Dark of the Sun - (3:11) - 2,073 plays
- Toccata & Fugue In D Minor - (8:56) - 242 plays
- Air on a G String - (3:35) - 292 plays
- Air On a G String - Hamlet Advert - [HD Digitally Re-Mastered 2011] - (2:45) - 180 plays
- Main Theme From Dark Sun - (3:11) - 159 plays
- Siciliano in G Minor - (3:39) - 233 plays
- Pastorale in C Minor - (4:50) - 163 plays
- Prelude No.1: C-Major (Remastered) - (5:28) - 134 plays
- Suite No. 3 in D Major, Bwv 1068: Air On the G String (Remastered) - (3:25) - 133 plays
- Aria - (3:24) - 179 plays