26 Shouts - 866,520 Scrobbles
Jacques Loussier (born October 26. 1934 in Angers, France) is a French musician and composer. He studied classical music at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique in Paris and worked later as accompanist for Catherine Sauvage and Charles Aznavour. In 1959 he combined his affection for Johann Sebastian Bach with his growing interest for jazz and founded the Play Bach Trio. This group played and improvised on basis of Bach's compositions. This created vast international attention and in 1960-63 he produced 4 albums, which sold in about 6 million copies.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Theme From Dark of the Sun - (3:11) - 1,881 plays
- Toccata & Fugue In D Minor - (8:56) - 247 plays
- Air on a G String - (3:35) - 271 plays
- Aria - (3:24) - 248 plays
- Main Theme From Dark Sun - (3:11) - 144 plays
- Fugue No. 5 in D Major - 122 plays
- Fugue N 2 En Ut Mineur BWV 847 - (2:46) - 107 plays
- Siciliano in G Minor - (3:39) - 135 plays
- Pastorale in C Minor - (4:50) - 116 plays
- Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor, Op. posthume - (1:57) - 92 plays