406 Shouts - 5,910,438 Scrobbles
Jacques Brel (8 April 1929 – 9 October 1978) was a Belgian singer and songwriter who composed and performed literate, thoughtful, and theatrical songs that generated a large, devoted following in Belgium and France initially, and later throughout the world. He was widely considered a master of the modern chanson. Although he recorded most of his songs in French, he became a major influence on English-speaking songwriters and performers such as David Bowie, Alex Harvey, Leonard Cohen, Marc Almond and Rod McKuen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ne me quitte pas - (3:49) - 27,698 plays
- Amsterdam - (3:17) - 16,156 plays
- Vesoul - (3:07) - 8,332 plays
- Le Plat Pays - (2:42) - 7,435 plays
- Quand On N'a Que L'amour - (2:25) - 7,582 plays
- La Valse A Mille Temps - (3:52) - 6,678 plays
- La Chanson des Vieux Amants - (4:30) - 6,433 plays
- Les bourgeois - (2:52) - 4,845 plays
- Madeleine - (2:50) - 4,417 plays
- Mathilde - (2:36) - 4,743 plays