9 Shouts - 11,468 Scrobbles
Jack Starr, Dallas-based teenage rockabilly hermit active in the late 1950s and early 60s. Jack Starr (d. 1994) recorded what has been compiled into the "Born Petrified" LP (recently repressed on Norton) at his home in Dallas when he was 18. All the tracks are homemade, a few notably recorded in his mother's bathtub to acquire the right level of echo. He was also an amateur monster-movie director and makeup artist; his interest in horror features into the furious, urgent latter half of "Born Petrified," which sounds like a precursor to the much later genres of psychobilly and cowpunk.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chicken - (3:18) - 61 plays
- My Love For You Is Petrified - (1:22) - 67 plays
- My baby don't care - (2:27) - 31 plays
- You only live once - (3:00) - 16 plays
- Born Bad - (1:21) - 14 plays
- I love my baby - (2:58) - 15 plays
- Halloween party - (1:42) - 19 plays
- I need your luven - (2:58) - 11 plays
- Come On - (1:21) - 13 plays
- Scorcher - (1:55) - 8 plays