16 Shouts - 786,838 Scrobbles
Around the time Jack Ingram started writing songs and performing, he was studying psychology at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. "Music and psychology come from the same place," he says. "It's about studying why people tick. I write songs to figure out my world, why people act the way they do, why they make the decisions they do."
Lucky for us, Ingram chose a career in music-and discovered an altogether different kind of therapy. He weaved his questions about life into songs whose depth and incisive wit were matched only by their melodic resonance and insistent hooks.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThe clouds are partin', the summer suns startin'
To burn down on that river
My baby's waitin', I got the Chevy shakin'
I'm blazin' a trail to get her, there she is
She's got her shades on and man, she's lookin' strong
- LyricsWhere in hell did you go?
You left us all alone I wasn't even eighteen
You never turned around
Like some kid out on the run
You headed for the fun down in Biloxi
- LyricsThis desert wind is burnin' my face again
God I'm missin' you
Been runnin' blind, under a broken sky
With regrets I'm sorting through
But lesson learned baby, I made the turn
- LyricsHoney, why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now
Honey, why you crying, is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud
Well, my girl's in the next room
- LyricsWhen I was fifteen, I left home young
Tore up the tracks and then some
Me and my dad didn't see eye to eye
I never took to him, he never took the time
Bullet proof, more than tough, smarter than he ever was
- Love You - (3:31) - 154 plays
- Maybe She'll Get Lonely - (3:20) - 165 plays
- That's A Man - (3:56) - 121 plays
- One Thing - (4:14) - 99 plays
- Beat Up Ford - (3:44) - 104 plays