474 Shouts - 7,961,587 Scrobbles
Jacek Kaczmarski (March 22, 1957, Warsaw - April 10, 2004, Gdańsk) was a Polish singer, songwriter, poet and author. Kaczmarski was considered by many to be the voice of the anti-communist Solidarity movement in the 1980s, for his commitment to a free Poland, independent of Soviet rule. His songs criticized the ruling regime and appealed to the tradition of patriotic resistance within Poles. He remains best known for his protest songs on social and political subjects ("Mury" (Walls), "Obława" (Wolf hunt)).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Nasza klasa - (4:18) - 3,698 plays
- Obława - (3:20) - 3,100 plays
- Mury - (5:24) - 2,702 plays
- Sen Katarzyny II - (2:04) - 1,910 plays
- Opowiesc Pewnego Emigranta - (2:47) - 1,383 plays
- Oblawa - (3:19) - 1,397 plays
- Lekcja historii klasycznej - (2:43) - 1,697 plays
- Zbroja - (5:12) - 1,327 plays
- Tradycja - (3:13) - 1,125 plays
- Ambasadorowie - (2:48) - 1,004 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online