9 Shouts - 334,680 Scrobbles
J. J. Johnson (born James Louis Johnson) in Indianapolis, Indiana, (January 22, 1924 - February 4, 2001), was an American jazz trombonist, composer and arranger. He recorded a number of popular albums with fellow trombonist Kai Winding, as well as many solo albums, and was a sideman on many classic jazz recordings. Several of his compositions, including "Wee Dot," "Lament," and "Enigma" are considered jazz standards.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lil Darlin - (4:09) - 6,338 plays
- Blue Trombone - (9:19) - 1,475 plays
- Blue 'N Boogie - (5:49) - 583 plays
- It Could Happen To You - (4:47) - 225 plays
- Turnpike - (13:02) - 304 plays
- Lover Man - (3:57) - 232 plays
- Willie Chase - (3:05) - 174 plays
- Lover Man - 2001 Digital Remaster;The Rudy Van Gelder Edition - (3:55) - 125 plays
- Capri - 2001 Digital Remaster;The Rudy Van Gelder Edition - (3:41) - 118 plays
- Cry Me a River - (5:52) - 115 plays