9 Shouts - 321,804 Scrobbles
J. J. Johnson (born James Louis Johnson) in Indianapolis, Indiana, (January 22, 1924 - February 4, 2001), was an American jazz trombonist, composer and arranger. He recorded a number of popular albums with fellow trombonist Kai Winding, as well as many solo albums, and was a sideman on many classic jazz recordings. Several of his compositions, including "Wee Dot," "Lament," and "Enigma" are considered jazz standards.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lil Darlin - (4:09) - 6,340 plays
- Blue Trombone - (9:19) - 1,430 plays
- Blue 'N Boogie - (5:49) - 293 plays
- Lover Man - (3:57) - 374 plays
- It Could Happen to You - (4:47) - 327 plays
- Turnpike - (13:02) - 264 plays
- Old Devil Moon - 2001 Digital Remaster;The Rudy Van Gelder Edition - (3:53) - 153 plays
- Too Marvelous For Words - 2001 Digital Remaster;The Rudy Van Gelder Edition - (3:36) - 145 plays
- Time After Time - 2001 Digital Remaster;The Rudy Van Gelder Edition - (4:13) - 130 plays
- Get Happy - (4:48) - 198 plays