0 Shouts - 8,600 Scrobbles
Jay C. (Jack) Higginbotham (May 11, 1906 – May 26, 1973) was an American jazz trombonist. His playing was robust and swinging. In the 1930s and 1940s he played with some of the premier swing bands, including Luis Russell's, Benny Carter's, Red Allen's, and Fletcher Henderson's. He also played with Louis Armstrong, who had taken over Russell's band, from 1937 to 1940. From 1947 on he chiefly led his own groups. He recorded extensively both as a sideman and as a leader.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It Should Be You - (3:09) - 30 plays
- I Double Dare You - (2:56) - 46 plays
- Give Me Your Telephone Number - (3:10) - 34 plays
- Swing Out - (3:17) - 39 plays
- Feelin' the Spirit - (3:14) - 28 plays
- On Revival Day - (3:09) - 25 plays
- That's How I Feel Today - (2:31) - 18 plays
- St. Louis Blues - (3:03) - 22 plays
- The Sheik of Araby - (2:59) - 18 plays
- Casa Loma Stomp - (3:13) - 16 plays