5 Shouts - 128,429 Scrobbles
Isaac Stern (July 21, 1920 – September 22, 2001) was an American violin virtuoso. Born in Kremenetz, Ukraine, Stern was ten months old when his family moved to San Francisco. He received his first music lessons from his mother before enrolling at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music in 1928 where he studied until 1931 before going on to study privately with Louis Persinger. He returned to the San Francisco Conservatory in 1932 to study with Naoum Blinder for five years.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Humoresque, Op. 101, No. 7 - (3:47) - 849 plays
- Trio for Violin, Violoncello and Piano No. 2 in E-flat Major, Op. 100, (D 929): II. Andante con moto - (9:41) - 459 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:18) - 507 plays
- Concerto in A minor for Violin and Orchestra, BWV 1041: I. Allegro - (4:13) - 347 plays
- Sonata for Violin and Piano in A Major, Op. 12, No. 2: II. Andante più tosto allegretto - (5:05) - 280 plays
- Greensleeves - (3:10) - 634 plays
- Liebesleid - (3:29) - 204 plays
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 - (2:37) - 146 plays
- Trio Sonata in G Major, BWV 1038: II. Vivace - (0:58) - 186 plays
- Quartet No. 1 in G minor for Piano and Strings, Op. 25: I. Allegro - (13:38) - 124 plays