7 Shouts - 142,901 Scrobbles
Isaac Stern (July 21, 1920 – September 22, 2001) was an American violin virtuoso. Born in Kremenetz, Ukraine, Stern was ten months old when his family moved to San Francisco. He received his first music lessons from his mother before enrolling at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music in 1928 where he studied until 1931 before going on to study privately with Louis Persinger. He returned to the San Francisco Conservatory in 1932 to study with Naoum Blinder for five years.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Humoresque, Op. 101, No. 7 - (3:47) - 629 plays
- Trio for Violin, Violoncello and Piano No. 2 in E-flat Major, Op. 100, (D 929): II. Andante con moto - (9:41) - 333 plays
- Humoresque No. 7, Op. 101 - (3:47) - 217 plays
- Concerto For Two Violins And Orchestra In D Minor, BWV 1043: II. Largo, Ma Non Tanto - (7:03) - 359 plays
- Concerto in A minor for Violin and Orchestra, BWV 1041: I. Allegro - (4:13) - 373 plays
- Flight of the Bumblebee - (1:18) - 235 plays
- Liebesleid - (3:29) - 169 plays
- Romance In F Major For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 50 - (9:59) - 157 plays
- Sonata for Violin and Piano in A Major, Op. 30, No. 1: II. Adagio molto espressivo - (7:19) - 127 plays
- Sonata for Violin and Piano in A Major, Op. 12, No. 2: II. Andante più tosto allegretto - (5:05) - 148 plays