492 Shouts - 3,599,466 Scrobbles
Isaac Lee Hayes (born Aug 20, 1942, in Covington, Tennessee - died Aug 10, 2008, in Memphis, Tennessee) was an influential soul singer, songwriter, musician, producer, arranger, and actor. One of the key creative forces behind Memphis' Stax Records, Hayes began his recording career in 1962, soon playing saxophone for The Bar-Kays. Hayes and writing partner David Porter would pen numerous hits for Stax artists such as Sam & Dave ("Hold On! I'm Comin'", "Soul Man") and Carla Thomas ("B-A-B-Y") during the mid-1960s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWho's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Shaft, ya, damn right
Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
- LyricsIf you see me walking down the street
And I start to cry each time we meet
Walk on by, walk on by
Make believe that you don't see the tears
Oh just let me grieve
- Never Can Say Goodbye - (3:37) - 5,814 plays
- LyricsI wanna come back
'Coz I like it like that
Your modus operandi
Is really all right, out of sight
Your sweet phalanges
- Do Your Thing - (3:18) - 4,809 plays
- By the Time I Get to Phoenix - (6:56) - 4,111 plays
- Walk On By - Single Version - (4:33) - 4,523 plays
- The Look of Love - (11:12) - 3,879 plays
- Ellie's Love Theme - (3:15) - 3,004 plays