19 Shouts - 411,304 Scrobbles
Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz (1860–1909) was a Spanish pianist and composer best known for his piano works based on Spanish folk music. Born in Camprodon, Girona, Catalonia, on 29th May 1860, Albéniz was a child prodigy who first performed at the age of four. At the age of seven he passed the entrance examination for piano at the Paris Conservatoire, but he was refused admission because he took out a ball from his pocket and broke a glass window while playing with it. By fifteen, he had already given concerts worldwide.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Asturias - (6:50) - 811 plays
- Tango - (2:43) - 392 plays
- Zambra Granadina - (5:10) - 216 plays
- Suite española, Op.47: Asturias (Leyenda) (Op. 232/1) - (5:58) - 216 plays
- Suite Española, Op. 47: Asturias (Leyenda) - (6:02) - 188 plays
- Mallorca - (6:41) - 244 plays
- Torre Bermeja - (4:28) - 209 plays
- Suite española, Op.47: No.5 Asturias - (6:31) - 328 plays
- Suite española, Op.47 - edited by Michael Lewin: No.1 Granada - (5:51) - 120 plays
- Granada - (5:06) - 217 plays