19 Shouts - 384,208 Scrobbles
Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz (1860–1909) was a Spanish pianist and composer best known for his piano works based on Spanish folk music. Born in Camprodon, Girona, Catalonia, on 29th May 1860, Albéniz was a child prodigy who first performed at the age of four. At the age of seven he passed the entrance examination for piano at the Paris Conservatoire, but he was refused admission because he took out a ball from his pocket and broke a glass window while playing with it. By fifteen, he had already given concerts worldwide.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Asturias - (6:50) - 1,688 plays
- Suite Española (arranged for Guitar), Op. 47: V. Asturias (Leyenda): Allegro - (6:58) - 318 plays
- Torre Bermeja - (4:28) - 356 plays
- Iberia, Book 2: III. Triana - (5:08) - 189 plays
- Mallorca - (6:41) - 378 plays
- El puerto - (3:54) - 323 plays
- Sevilla - (4:33) - 247 plays
- Iberia, Book 1: I. Evocacion - (5:59) - 151 plays
- Tango - (2:43) - 686 plays
- Iberia, Book 1: III. Fete-Dieu a Seville - (9:11) - 134 plays