19 Shouts - 384,645 Scrobbles
Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz (1860–1909) was a Spanish pianist and composer best known for his piano works based on Spanish folk music. Born in Camprodon, Girona, Catalonia, on 29th May 1860, Albéniz was a child prodigy who first performed at the age of four. At the age of seven he passed the entrance examination for piano at the Paris Conservatoire, but he was refused admission because he took out a ball from his pocket and broke a glass window while playing with it. By fifteen, he had already given concerts worldwide.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Asturias - (6:50) - 1,444 plays
- Suite Española (arranged for Guitar), Op. 47: V. Asturias (Leyenda): Allegro - (6:58) - 276 plays
- Iberia, Book 2: III. Triana - (5:08) - 191 plays
- Torre Bermeja - (4:28) - 346 plays
- Mallorca - (6:41) - 354 plays
- El puerto - (3:54) - 334 plays
- Iberia, Book 1: I. Evocacion - (5:59) - 154 plays
- Tango - (2:43) - 661 plays
- Sevilla - (4:33) - 212 plays
- Iberia, Book 1: III. Fete-Dieu a Seville - (9:11) - 134 plays