19 Shouts - 374,810 Scrobbles
Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz (1860–1909) was a Spanish pianist and composer best known for his piano works based on Spanish folk music. Born in Camprodon, Girona, Catalonia, on 29th May 1860, Albéniz was a child prodigy who first performed at the age of four. At the age of seven he passed the entrance examination for piano at the Paris Conservatoire, but he was refused admission because he took out a ball from his pocket and broke a glass window while playing with it. By fifteen, he had already given concerts worldwide.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Asturias - (6:50) - 2,373 plays
- Suite Española (arranged for Guitar), Op. 47: V. Asturias (Leyenda): Allegro - (6:58) - 358 plays
- Torre Bermeja - (4:28) - 426 plays
- Sevilla - (4:33) - 321 plays
- Mallorca - (6:41) - 338 plays
- Tango - (2:43) - 718 plays
- El puerto - (3:54) - 232 plays
- Iberia, Book 2: III. Triana - (5:08) - 121 plays
- Mallorca, Op. 202 - (6:32) - 167 plays
- Chants d'Espagne, Op. 232: V. Seguidillas - (3:38) - 143 plays