19 Shouts - 394,507 Scrobbles
Isaac Manuel Francisco Albéniz (1860–1909) was a Spanish pianist and composer best known for his piano works based on Spanish folk music. Born in Camprodon, Girona, Catalonia, on 29th May 1860, Albéniz was a child prodigy who first performed at the age of four. At the age of seven he passed the entrance examination for piano at the Paris Conservatoire, but he was refused admission because he took out a ball from his pocket and broke a glass window while playing with it. By fifteen, he had already given concerts worldwide.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Asturias - (6:50) - 932 plays
- Iberia, Book II: III. Triana - (5:40) - 197 plays
- Tango - (2:43) - 220 plays
- Suite Española (arranged for Guitar), Op. 47: V. Asturias (Leyenda): Allegro - (6:58) - 201 plays
- Torre Bermeja - (4:28) - 207 plays
- Mallorca - (6:41) - 210 plays
- Suite española, Op.47: Asturias (Leyenda) (Op. 232/1) - (5:58) - 145 plays
- Granada - (5:06) - 193 plays
- El puerto - (3:54) - 261 plays
- Sevilla - (4:33) - 142 plays