Iron & Wine
2,961 Shouts - 59,780,814 Scrobbles
Iron & Wine is the stage and recording name of folk rock singer and composer Sam Beam (born July 26, 1974). He currently resides in Dripping Springs, Texas, outside Austin. He has released four studio albums, several EPs and singles, as well as a few download-only releases, which include a live album (a recording of his 2005 Bonnaroo performance). The name Iron & Wine is taken from a dietary supplement named "Beef Iron & Wine" that he found in a general store.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI was a quick-wit boy, diving too deep for coins
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys
Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere
Have I found you
- LyricsA boy with a coin he found in the weeds
With bullets and pages of trade magazines
Close to a car that flipped on the turn
When God left the ground to circle the world
A girl with a bird she found in the snow
- LyricsShe says "wake up, it's no use pretending"
I'll keep stealing, breathing her.
Birds are leaving over autumn's ending
One of us will die inside these arms
Eyes wide open, naked as we came
- LyricsI am thinking it's a sign
That the freckles in our eyes
Are mirror images and when we kiss
They're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate
- LyricsWill you say when I'm gone away
"My lover came to me and we'd lay
In rooms unfamiliar but until now"
Will you say to them when I'm gone
"I loved your son for his sturdy arms
- Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car - (4:31) - 36,864 plays
- Love and Some Verses - (3:40) - 38,341 plays
- Passing Afternoon - (4:00) - 37,492 plays
- Lovesong of the Buzzard - (4:25) - 30,562 plays
- Sunset Soon Forgotten - (3:20) - 33,119 plays