70 Shouts - 700,202 Scrobbles
Iris DeMent (born 5 January 1961 in Paragould, Arkansas, USA) is a Grammy-nominated American country/folk singer and songwriter. As well as recording a series of successful solo albums, DeMent has sung duets with artists such asSteve Earle and Emmylou Harris and has featured on the albums of many other performers. In October 2012, she released "Sing the Delta", her first album of original songs in 16 years.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAnd you know the sun's settin' fast,
And just like they say, nothing good ever lasts.
Well, go on now and kiss it goodbye,
But hold on to your lover,
'Cause your heart's bound to die.
- LyricsBefore the colors fade from view
I sit alone remembering you
And all those things you'd say and do
And the feel of being next to you
The angles of your sweet, old face
- LyricsEverybody's wonderin' what and where
They all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go
When the whole thing's done
But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me
- LyricsWhat a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
- LyricsSweet is the melody, so hard to come by
It's so hard to make every note bend just right
You lay down the hours and leave not one trace
But a tune for the dancing is there in it's place
Well, the dance floor's for gliding and not jumping over ponies
- Go On Ahead And Go Home - (3:44) - 700 plays
- Hotter than Mojave in My Heart - (2:33) - 723 plays
- Infamous Angel - (3:46) - 519 plays
- These Hills - (3:40) - 485 plays
- No Time To Cry - (6:49) - 394 plays