69 Shouts - 664,521 Scrobbles
Iris DeMent (born 5 January 1961) is an American country/folk singer and songwriter. She was the fourteenth and last child of Pat DeMent and the sixth child of his second wife, Flora Mae. She was born near the town of Paragould, Arkansas but grew up in California, where she was exposed to and influenced by country and gospel music. DeMent writes songs about everyday experiences in simple language.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Before The Colors Fade - (5:05) - 2,858 plays
- Our Town - (4:58) - 2,221 plays
- Let the Mystery Be - (2:46) - 1,582 plays
- Go On Ahead And Go Home - (3:44) - 1,137 plays
- Sweet Is the Melody - (3:41) - 1,055 plays
- Leaning On The Everlasting Arms - (2:53) - 1,206 plays
- Hotter than Mojave in My Heart - (2:33) - 824 plays
- Childhood Memories - (4:38) - 604 plays
- You've Done Nothing Wrong - (4:22) - 604 plays
- The Night I Learned How Not To Pray - (6:14) - 593 plays