69 Shouts - 669,152 Scrobbles
Iris DeMent (born 5 January 1961) is an American country/folk singer and songwriter. She was the fourteenth and last child of Pat DeMent and the sixth child of his second wife, Flora Mae. She was born near the town of Paragould, Arkansas but grew up in California, where she was exposed to and influenced by country and gospel music. DeMent writes songs about everyday experiences in simple language.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBefore the colors fade from view
I sit alone remembering you
And all those things you'd say and do
And the feel of being next to you
The angles of your sweet, old face
- LyricsAnd you know the sun's settin' fast,
And just like they say, nothing good ever lasts.
Well, go on now and kiss it goodbye,
But hold on to your lover,
'Cause your heart's bound to die.
- Let the Mystery Be - (2:46) - 1,458 plays
- Go On Ahead And Go Home - (3:44) - 982 plays
- LyricsSweet is the melody, so hard to come by
It's so hard to make every note bend just right
You lay down the hours and leave not one trace
But a tune for the dancing is there in it's place
Well, the dance floor's for gliding and not jumping over ponies
- Leaning On The Everlasting Arms - (2:53) - 1,181 plays
- Hotter than Mojave in My Heart - (2:33) - 677 plays
- Childhood Memories - (4:38) - 547 plays
- The Night I Learned How Not To Pray - (6:14) - 490 plays
- You've Done Nothing Wrong - (4:22) - 522 plays