94 Shouts - 1,443,685 Scrobbles
Irene Cara (born on March 18, 1962 in New York City, New York) is an American singer, Academy Award-winning songwriter and actress of African, Cuban and Puerto Rican descent. Cara won an Academy Award in 1984 in the category of Best Original Song for co-writing Flashdance...What a Feeling. She is best known for her recordings of the songs Fame and Flashdance... What a Feeling. She also starred in the 1980 film version of Fame. Personal Her father Gaspar (died in 1994) is an Afro-Puerto Rican. Her mother Louise is of French and Cuban descent. She has 2 sisters and 2 brothers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBaby you look at me and tell me what you see
You ain't seen the best of me yet
Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest
I've got more in me and you can set it free
I can catch the moon in my hand
- LyricsFirst, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried, silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone
Well, I hear the music close my eyes, feel the rhythm
- Flashdance… What A Feeling - (3:45) - 1,668 plays
- Flashdance (What a Feeling) - (3:54) - 2,567 plays
- Flashdance - (2:23) - 1,542 plays
- Out Here On My Own - (3:13) - 1,112 plays
- Flashdance ... What A Feeling - (3:54) - 708 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online