0 Shouts - 178,993 Scrobbles
Indie rock buried in fuzz and hiss.Read More...
Iran take ultra catchy pop, and drag it through the detritus of lo-fi noise rock, picking up an ungodly assortment of buzz and blur and scuzz. Imagine a Pavement record on Siltbreeze. Or Sebadoh, if Lou Barlow was a jaded fuck instead of a sappy romantic. Or old Smog covering Skullflower. Or Harry Pussy playing Built To Spill. A beautifully cacophonous mess.
Iran play damaged folk music, bombarded on all sides by a wild assortment of squeals and shrieks, static and hiss, and speaker clogging grit. Huge and slowly shifting, dronescapes that evolve into perfect little pop songs and then explode into jagged shards of high end skree. Iran are psychedelic and textural and noisey and totally catchy.
Add an unhealthy obsession with Brian Wilson, Roman Polanski, indie rock, and Norwegian black metal, a handful of disasterously deafening live shows, and a charmingly fractured obstinance, and you've got Iran. Hardcore hook-filled low fidelity un-pop noise. Pop. Plus fucking wicked tiger cover art.< didnt want to change the preceding amount of words, but instead highlight it's shitty nature
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Can See The Future - 27,873 plays
- Buddy - 23,694 plays
- I Already Know You're Wrong - 12,089 plays
- Airport '79 - 12,054 plays
- Baby Let's Get High One Last Time Together - 9,986 plays
- Where I'm Going - 7,727 plays
- Digital Clock and Phone - 7,380 plays
- Cape Canaveral / Buddy (Reprise) - 7,563 plays
- Can I Feel What? - 7,693 plays
- Evil Summer - 7,279 plays