56 Shouts - 1,147,847 Scrobbles
Ini Kamoze (born 9 October 1957 in Port Maria, St. Mary, Jamaica) is one of the few raggamuffin performers to have been successful both in roots reggae and the modern style. By 1988, however, Ini Kamoze had effectively disappeared from the music scene following lukewarm reactions to his intermittent releases.
In 1994, Kamoze burst back onto the scene with a harder sound and the song which would become his signature - "Here Comes The Hotstepper". Adopting his nickname from the song title, Kamoze would become known as the "Hotstepper", from the Patois for a man on the run from the law.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHit It!
Na, na na na na, na na na na
Na na na, na na na, na na na na
Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
- Here Comes the Hotstepper - Heartical Mix - (4:11) - 8,383 plays
- Here Comes The Hotstepper - Original Version - 5,879 plays
- World a Music - (3:44) - 4,889 plays
- World A Reggae (Out In The Street They Call It Murder) - (3:56) - 3,973 plays
- Here Comes the Hotstepper (Heartical Mix) - (4:10) - 2,498 plays
- Wings With Me - (4:07) - 874 plays
- Trouble You A Trouble Me - (3:57) - 890 plays
- World-A-Music - (3:45) - 987 plays
- Here Comes The Hot Stepper - (4:10) - 799 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online