53 Shouts - 1,049,786 Scrobbles
Ini Kamoze (born 9 October 1957 in Port Maria, St. Mary, Jamaica) is one of the few raggamuffin performers to have been successful both in roots reggae and the modern style. . By 1988, however, Ini Kamoze had effectively disappeared from the music scene following lukewarm reactions to his intermittent releases.
In 1994, Kamoze burst back onto the scene with a harder sound and the song which would become his signature - "Here Comes The Hotstepper". Adopting his nickname from the song title, Kamoze would become known as the "Hotstepper", from the Patois for a man on the run from the law.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Here Comes the Hotstepper - (4:09) - 14,544 plays
- Here Comes The Hotstepper - Original Version - 7,595 plays
- World a Music - (3:44) - 5,420 plays
- Here Comes the Hotstepper - Heartical Mix - (4:11) - 4,833 plays
- World A Reggae (Out In The Street They Call It Murder) - (3:56) - 3,767 plays
- Here Comes the Hotstepper (Heartical Mix) - (4:10) - 1,963 plays
- Trouble You A Trouble Me - (3:57) - 989 plays
- World-A-Music - (3:45) - 940 plays
- Wings With Me - (4:07) - 970 plays
- General - (4:25) - 613 plays