13 Shouts - 52,550 Scrobbles
Ingrid Julia Chavez, born 1965 in Atlanta, Georgia, is a Mexican-American poet, vocalist, songwriter and photographer. After moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1986, she auditioned for a number of bands, made the rounds of the Minneapolis music scene, and paid her bills working in a coffee shop. It was around this time she met Prince. Prince, impressed by one of Chavez' demo tapes, took her under his wing in 1987. She was known as The Spirit Child on his 1988 album Lovesexy, and she starred as his romantic interest, Aura, in his 1990 film Graffiti Bridge.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mine - (4:59) - 220 plays
- By the Water - (4:09) - 267 plays
- A Flutter and Some Words - (5:36) - 158 plays
- Wing of a Bird - (1:09) - 138 plays
- Heaven Must Be Near - (7:08) - 82 plays
- Elephant Box - (3:48) - 73 plays
- Path of Rain - (3:14) - 85 plays
- Candle Dance - (4:58) - 63 plays
- Back Roads - (5:23) - 89 plays
- Tightrope - (3:27) - 97 plays