494 Shouts - 6,758,919 Scrobbles
India.Arie, born India Arie Simpson on October 3, 1975, in Denver, Colorado.
She absorbed musical skill early in life, encouraged by both parents: her mother, Joyce, herself a former singer, and now India Arie's stylist; and her father, former ABA and NBA basketball player Ralph Simpson (not former NBA star player Ralph Sampson, as has been mistakenly reported in some media). She had taken up a succession of musical instruments throughout her schooling in Denver, Colorado...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSometimes I shave my legs and sometimes I don't
Sometimes I comb my hair and sometimes I won't
Depend on how the wind blows I might even paint my toes
It really just depends on whatever feels good to my soul
I'm not the average girl from your video
- LyricsBrown skin, you know I love your brown skin
I can't tell where yours begins, I can't tell where mine ends
Brown skin, up against my brown skin
Need some every now and then, oh hey
Where are your people from?
- LyricsI am ready for love
Why are you hiding from me?
I'd quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity
I am ready for love
- LyricsI got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come
An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone
She said you found someone
And I thought of all the bad luck and all the struggles we went through
- Just Do You - (3:12) - 8,854 plays
- Cocoa Butter - (3:55) - 7,900 plays
- SoulBird Intro - (0:35) - 5,193 plays
- This Love - (3:53) - 6,060 plays
- Back To The Middle - (5:10) - 5,019 plays
- Promises - (4:38) - 4,745 plays