0 Shouts - 139,583 Scrobbles
There are (5) bands with this name.Read More...
1) INDEX were formed in early 1966 in Grosse Point, Michigan. In '66 drummer Jim Valice (17 years old) met Gary Francis. Jim played in a garage band, and Gary played another band. One day they had a jam session with one more cool guitarist John B. Ford. Their first jam was exciting, the sound was full and powerful with John's technical guitar playing. In early '67 the band played 'Johnny B. Good' and 'Mustang Sally'. At the time Gary didn't have his own bass. Jim and John bought a violin shaped bass for Gary as present. They became a party band, playing at a pool, and in the living room, in the summer. They covered Chuck Berry, Animals, and played their original songs. At the time the band was called Chicken Every Sunday. One afternoon after a session, they decided to change the name. John went over to a book shelf, and said taking a book "Let's make the name from what ever page falls open!". He tossed the book to the floor. The band changed their name to the INDEX.
2) Index started as a trio with Eric Chamberlain, Kurt Luette and Cody Cast. After 3 years, Index has now become a solo effort fronted by Eric. Officially changed name to Index AI.
3) "IndeX" is a Dutch Reggae-band, located the southern town of Venlo, and counts a handful of members. Their name, "IndeX", already exists since the year 2000. In the early beginning, the band started as a punk-band, but nowadays they make music especially based on reggae, with many influences from other styles, such as punk, funk, ska and dub.
"A modern interpretation of the real old-school dub-reggae from Jamaica"
4) Czech hip-hop project.
5) Russian electronic/rave act, based in Saint-Petersburg
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Noon Hour Blues - 14,963 plays
- Vintage - 5,089 plays
- Marfil De Piano (downtempo remix) - 4,854 plays
- Eight Miles High - 4,685 plays
- Shock Wave - 3,933 plays
- israeli blues - 4,128 plays
- Fire Eyes - 3,353 plays
- Como El Aguila - 2,797 plays
- John Riley - 3,001 plays
- Turquoise Feline - 3,150 plays