Imitation Electric Piano
4 Shouts - 53,534 Scrobbles
Imitation Electric Piano was formed in 1999 by Stereolab bassist Simon Johns and Andrew Blake (guitar). They recorded their eponymous instrumental first E.P. (DS45-CD27) for Duophonic Super 45s, part of Duophonic Ultra High Frequency Discs, that year. Their first full-length album, Trinity Neon (DS45-CD33) was released in 2002. Line-ups have included Ashley Marlowe on drums (Charlottefield), Dominic Jeffery on keyboards (Stereolab), Paul Morgan on guitar, David Campbell on keyboards ("I'm Being Good"), and more recently Joe Watson on keyboards (also in Stereolab) and singer Mary Hansen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- come into force - (3:58) - 64 plays
- I Mean Now - (3:10) - 63 plays
- Energy Is Beautiful - (4:06) - 53 plays
- tension - (4:20) - 43 plays
- Leave Her Johnny - (4:14) - 43 plays
- For the Best - (3:48) - 37 plays
- I Mean Wow - (3:10) - 37 plays
- relatively good times - (6:20) - 32 plays
- What We Do We Do - (4:02) - 41 plays
- Le Roque - (3:59) - 34 plays