24 Shouts - 98,455 Scrobbles
Ike Wister Turner (November 5, 1931 - December 12, 2007) was an American guitarist, pianist, bandleader, talent scout, and record producer. Considered to be one of the fathers of rock and roll, his first recording, "Rocket 88" (incorrectly credited to "Jackie Brenston and His Delta Cats") in 1951, is considered by some to be the "first rock and roll song" ever. Turner is probably best known for his work with his ex-wife, Tina Turner as one half of the Ike & Tina Turner revue. In a career that lasted half a century, Ike's repertoire included blues, soul, rock, and funk.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- She Made My Blood Run Cold - (2:17) - 745 plays
- A Fool in Love - (4:18) - 605 plays
- Rocket 88 - (2:49) - 502 plays
- The Groove - (2:07) - 226 plays
- I Idolize You - (2:50) - 243 plays
- Proud Mary - (9:07) - 256 plays
- It's Gonna Work Out Fine - (3:02) - 205 plays
- If - (2:09) - 196 plays
- Letter from Tina - (2:36) - 202 plays
- Chances Are - (3:47) - 199 plays