34 Shouts - 291,239 Scrobbles
Idris Muhammad (born November 13, 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana) is a jazz drummer. He was born Leo Morris on November 13, 1939 before changing his name in the 1960s upon his conversion to Islam. He is known for his funky playing style. He has released a number of albums as leader, and has played with a number of jazz legends including Lou Donaldson, Johnny Griffin, Pharoah Sanders and Grover Washington, Jr. He currently tours internationally with pianist Ahmad Jamal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Loran's Dance - (10:33) - 2,088 plays
- Could Heaven Ever Be Like This - (8:39) - 2,135 plays
- Piece Of Mind - (9:19) - 1,136 plays
- Power Of Soul - (7:02) - 863 plays
- Hard to Face the Music - (4:47) - 636 plays
- House of the Rising Sun - (4:42) - 752 plays
- The Saddest Thing - (7:06) - 583 plays
- Hey Pocky a-Way - (6:05) - 332 plays
- Crab Apple - (5:07) - 300 plays
- New Orleans - (4:59) - 375 plays