28 Shouts - 249,778 Scrobbles
Idris Muhammad (born November 13, 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana) is a jazz drummer. He was born Leo Morris on November 13, 1939 before changing his name in the 1960s upon his conversion to Islam. He is known for his funky playing style. He has released a number of albums as leader, and has played with a number of jazz legends including Lou Donaldson, Johnny Griffin, Pharoah Sanders and Grover Washington, Jr. He currently tours internationally with pianist Ahmad Jamal.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Could Heaven Ever Be Like This - (8:39) - 2,084 plays
- Loran's Dance - (10:33) - 1,886 plays
- Power Of Soul - (7:02) - 1,052 plays
- Piece Of Mind - (9:19) - 961 plays
- Hard to Face the Music - (4:47) - 564 plays
- The Saddest Thing - (7:06) - 550 plays
- House of the Rising Sun - (4:42) - 604 plays
- Crab Apple - (5:07) - 287 plays
- Hey Pocky a-Way - (6:05) - 244 plays
- Theme for New York City - (3:24) - 312 plays