84 Shouts - 2,073,954 Scrobbles
Ibrahim Ferrer (20 February 1927 – 6 August 2005) was a popular Afro-Cuban musician in Cuba. Born at a dance in San Luis, Cuba, near the city of Santiago de Cuba, Ferrer's mother died when he was 12, leaving him orphaned and forcing him to sing on the streets (busk) to earn money. The next year, Ferrer joined his first ever musical group, a duet alongside his cousin called Jóvenes del Son (Spanish: Youth of el Son). They performed at private functions and the two youths managed to scrape together enough money to live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marieta - (5:55) - 3,376 plays
- Aquellos Ojos Verdes - (4:54) - 2,302 plays
- Silencio - (4:38) - 2,384 plays
- Herido De Sombras - (4:11) - 2,203 plays
- Guateque Campesino - (5:09) - 2,063 plays
- Bruca Manigua - (4:44) - 1,782 plays
- Bruca Maniguá - (4:44) - 1,822 plays
- Compositor Confundido - (4:29) - 1,235 plays
- Como Fue - (3:33) - 1,323 plays
- Nuestra Ultima Cita - (3:56) - 1,379 plays