84 Shouts - 2,081,478 Scrobbles
Ibrahim Ferrer (20 February 1927 – 6 August 2005) was a popular Afro-Cuban musician in Cuba. Born at a dance in San Luis, Cuba, near the city of Santiago de Cuba, Ferrer's mother died when he was 12, leaving him orphaned and forcing him to sing on the streets (busk) to earn money. The next year, Ferrer joined his first ever musical group, a duet alongside his cousin called Jóvenes del Son (Spanish: Youth of el Son). They performed at private functions and the two youths managed to scrape together enough money to live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marieta - (5:55) - 3,249 plays
- Silencio - (4:38) - 2,352 plays
- Aquellos Ojos Verdes - (4:54) - 2,188 plays
- Herido De Sombras - (4:11) - 2,147 plays
- Guateque Campesino - (5:09) - 1,979 plays
- Bruca Manigua - (4:44) - 1,709 plays
- Bruca Maniguá - (4:44) - 1,701 plays
- Compositor Confundido - (4:29) - 1,195 plays
- Como Fue - (3:33) - 1,273 plays
- Nuestra Ultima Cita - (3:56) - 1,318 plays