81 Shouts - 2,033,101 Scrobbles
Ibrahim Ferrer (20 February 1927 – 6 August 2005) was a popular Afro-Cuban musician in Cuba. Born at a dance in San Luis, Cuba, near the city of Santiago de Cuba, Ferrer's mother died when he was 12, leaving him orphaned and forcing him to sing on the streets (busk) to earn money. The next year, Ferrer joined his first ever musical group, a duet alongside his cousin called Jóvenes del Son (Spanish: Youth of el Son). They performed at private functions and the two youths managed to scrape together enough money to live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marieta - (5:55) - 3,086 plays
- Silencio - (4:38) - 2,240 plays
- Aquellos Ojos Verdes - (4:54) - 2,208 plays
- Herido De Sombras - (4:11) - 2,041 plays
- Guateque Campesino - (5:09) - 1,976 plays
- Bruca Maniguá - (4:44) - 1,907 plays
- Bruca Manigua - (4:44) - 1,433 plays
- Nuestra Ultima Cita - (3:56) - 1,403 plays
- Como Fue - (3:33) - 1,338 plays
- Compositor Confundido - (4:29) - 1,220 plays