84 Shouts - 2,109,492 Scrobbles
Ibrahim Ferrer (20 February 1927 – 6 August 2005) was a popular Afro-Cuban musician in Cuba. Born at a dance in San Luis, Cuba, near the city of Santiago de Cuba, Ferrer's mother died when he was 12, leaving him orphaned and forcing him to sing on the streets (busk) to earn money. The next year, Ferrer joined his first ever musical group, a duet alongside his cousin called Jóvenes del Son (Spanish: Youth of el Son). They performed at private functions and the two youths managed to scrape together enough money to live.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Marieta - (5:55) - 2,887 plays
- LyricsDuermen en mi jardin
Los nardos y las rosas, las blancas azucenas
Mi alma muy triste y pesarosa
A las flores quiere ocultar su amargo dolor
No quiero que las flores sepan
- Aquellos Ojos Verdes - (4:54) - 1,707 plays
- Herido De Sombras - (4:11) - 1,769 plays
- LyricsYo son carabal
Negro de nacin
Sin la libertad
No pue'o vivi'
- Guateque Campesino - (5:09) - 1,620 plays
- Compositor Confundido - (4:29) - 1,143 plays
- Bruca Maniguá - (4:44) - 1,268 plays
- Como Fue - (3:33) - 1,034 plays
- Ay Candela - (3:27) - 864 plays