Ian Carmichael can refer to:Read More...
1. Ian Gillett Carmichael, OBE (18 June 1920 – 5 February 2010), an English actor
2. Ian Carmichael (born 1 June 1960) a Scottish sound engineer
1. Ian Gillett Carmichael, OBE (18 June 1920 – 5 February 2010) was an English actor best known for his roles in the films of the Boulting brothers such as Private's Progress (1956) and I'm All Right Jack (1959). Later he played Dorothy L. Sayers' Gentleman Detective, Lord Peter Wimsey on television and radio. Carmichael also had a career on stage.
2. Ian Carmichael (born 1 June 1960) is a Scottish sound engineer born in Glasgow. He started his career as a live sound engineer, before building his own recording studio in Glasgow in 1986. His most notable productions are for Glasgow indie band The Orchids, before he started his own band, One Dove, in 1991, with their highly influential album release, Morning Dove White in 1993. When One Dove split in 1995, Carmichael went on to work with Manchester band Lamb, with recording and mixing credits on both Fear of Fours and What Sound. He also produced and remixed for iconic Glasgow shoegazers The Pastels on their albums Mobile Safari (1995), Illumination (1997), and Illuminati (1998), as well as Bis ("Detour" single), and Manchester garage band, Un-Cut. Currently, Carmichael teaches sound engineering and music production at SSR in Manchester, and reunited with The Orchids in 2007 to remix tracks from their album, Good to Be a Stranger.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Viaduct - 770 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 01 - 16 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 07 - 14 plays
- Eliza - 11 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 04 - 12 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 03 - 12 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 06 - 10 plays
- Ian Carmichael / The Viaduct - 22 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 02 - 12 plays
- How Right You Are, Jeeves 08 - 11 plays