164 Shouts - 844,218 Scrobbles
Huun-Huur-Tu is a throat singing group from the semi-autonomous Tuva Republic, Russian Federation, which is situated north of Chinese Turkestan, to the west of the Mongolian border. The Tuvan throat singing technique creates multiple notes at the same time. This is done by manipulating the harmonics to amplify different overtones within their mouth, throat, and belly when they are singing, and is referred to as khoomei in its native tuva.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Aa-Shuu Dekei-Oo - (2:51) - 1,682 plays
- Tuvan Internationale - (2:32) - 1,709 plays
- Eki Attar - (3:20) - 1,577 plays
- Prayer - (2:32) - 1,172 plays
- The Orphan's Lament - (8:45) - 1,328 plays
- Ancestors - (5:20) - 1,157 plays
- Sygyt - (2:52) - 980 plays
- Kongurei - (5:04) - 994 plays
- Eerbek-Aksy - (1:44) - 872 plays
- Odugen Taiga - (8:52) - 961 plays