162 Shouts - 817,543 Scrobbles
Huun-Huur-Tu is a throat singing group from the semi-autonomous Tuva Republic, Russian Federation, which is situated north of Chinese Turkestan, to the west of the Mongolian border. The Tuvan throat singing technique creates multiple notes at the same time. This is done by manipulating the harmonics to amplify different overtones within their mouth, throat, and belly when they are singing, and is referred to as khoomei in its native tuva.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Aa-Shuu Dekei-Oo - (2:51) - 1,786 plays
- Tuvan Internationale - (2:32) - 1,333 plays
- Eki Attar - (3:20) - 1,293 plays
- Prayer - (2:32) - 1,160 plays
- The Orphan's Lament - (8:45) - 1,144 plays
- Ancestors - (5:20) - 1,195 plays
- Sygyt - (2:52) - 951 plays
- Kongurei - (5:04) - 963 plays
- Eerbek-Aksy - (1:44) - 928 plays
- Odugen Taiga - (8:52) - 724 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online