161 Shouts - 769,167 Scrobbles
Huun-Huur-Tu is a throat singing group from the semi-autonomous Tuva Republic, Russian Federation, which is situated north of Chinese Turkestan, to the west of the Mongolian border. The Tuvan throat singing technique creates multiple notes at the same time. This is done by manipulating the harmonics to amplify different overtones within their mouth, throat, and belly when they are singing, and is referred to as khoomei in its native tuva.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Aa-Shuu Dekei-Oo - (2:51) - 1,795 plays
- Tuvan Internationale - (2:32) - 1,222 plays
- Prayer - (2:32) - 944 plays
- Sygyt - (2:52) - 869 plays
- Eki Attar - (3:20) - 1,037 plays
- Ancestors - (5:20) - 1,016 plays
- Kongurei - (5:04) - 1,081 plays
- The Orphan's Lament - (8:45) - 998 plays
- Eerbek-Aksy - (1:44) - 880 plays
- Kargyraa - (3:42) - 788 plays