0 Shouts - 6,208,149 Scrobbles
There are at least two artists which use this name:Read More...
1. A rock band from the United States
2. A punk band from Poland
1. Hurt (sometimes typeset as HURT) is a rock band formed in 2000 in Virginia, now located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Currently signed to Carved Records, the band has released three major label albums, with the fourth, The Crux, released on May 1, 2012. The group consists of lead singer J. Loren Wince, guitarist Michael Roberts, bassist Rek Mohr, and drummer Victor Ribas.
The band first released the independent albums Hurt in 2000 and The Consumation in 2003. Many of the songs from these albums found their way onto their first two major label releases, and The Consumation was re-mastered as The Re-Consumation in 2008. The band received critical (though not commercial) success with their major label debut album, Vol. 1, released on March 21, 2006. Their singles "Rapture" and "Falls Apart" gained minor radio airplay on rock stations throughout United States. Their second album was the critically acclaimed Vol. II, released on September 25, 2007, and they gained their largest radio rock hit yet with the single "Ten Ton Brick."
HURT released their fifth studio album on April 7, 2009, titled Goodbye to the Machine.
On May 1, 2012, the album The Crux was released on Carved Records featuring the single "How We End Up Alone."
2. Hurt formed in Wrocław, Poland and debuted in 1994 with a tape titled "Babilon". In 1997 they released themselves a live album "Serki dietetyczne". At that time they where a little known, some would say underground band. All started to change when the biggest independent label in Poland got interested in them and so came the cd for SP Records called "Musisz to kupić" (1999). After that record the band got their first drummer- before that they played with automatic percussion. You can still hear it in their style.
After that follwed another cd "Dokładny czas". (2000)
Then the group stoppted touring for a while and almost put an end to it's existence. However, after some personnal changes they've came back in 2005 with "Czat" contaning the hit "Załoga G" and started touring more then usual. In summer 2006 Hurt made a tour togther with happysad.
- Babilon (1994)
- Serki Dietetyczne (1997, album from a concert)
- Musisz to kupić (1999)
- Dokładny Czas (2000)
- Babilon. Serki Dietetyczne (2003)
- Czat (2005)
- Maciej Kurowicki - vocal
- Sid Motkowic - guitar
- Smoła - bass
- Zmazik - drums
- Agim - keyboards
- Niedźwiedź - menager, vocal
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
In the life of the wrong, love lingers on, love lingered on to frustration
And if our love is so wrong, what should we do alone?
Or am I just a picture in a photograph?
Why are we stuck in this pantomime, fearing a god who died
- LyricsI messed up again when I tried
You spend all your money and I
And, oh! By the way,
With all you did nothing has changed
So lie like a waste by the side
- LyricsShow me a smile on your silly face
'Cause I'm getting tired of this human race
The eyes of a child hasn't went away
And how many heroes have we killed today?
- Załoga G - 275,611 plays
- LyricsA Ten Ton Brick is making me sick
Breaking my bones with the weight of it
Weight would grow with each new soul
Buried fine lies make big black holes and
Who am I supposed to be?
- Overdose - 153,951 plays
- Na dysku C i D - 88,395 plays
- Unkind - 127,923 plays
- Shallow - 106,594 plays
- Danse Russe - 123,010 plays