Hurray For The Riff Raff
0 Shouts - 948,729 Scrobbles
Hurray for the Riff Raff is Alynda lee Segarra, a 25 year old Puerto Rican from the Bronx. After leaving home at an early age to travel the country, she eventually settled in New Orleans where she began to perform and record with a revolving cast of musicians. She released two records (2008's It Don't Mean I Don't Love You and 2010's Young Blood Blues) mostly consisting of delicate folk and country songs. In 2011, the UK record label Loose Music (Felice Brothers, Dawes, Deer Tick), released Hurray for the Riff Raff, an album that collected the best songs from those records. The Times of London named Hurray for the Riff Raff one of the Top Ten Albums of 2011. Phil Alexander, the Editor-in-Chief of Mojo Magazine, raved that they “have immense potential and seductive power” and named them second best band at SXSW 2011.Read More...
Back in the States, Alynda met up with a young honky-tonk band called the Tumbleweeds, just as she began to expand her musical palette to include rock n roll, pop, and soul. In the tradition of Bob Dylan with Band and Neil Young with Crazy Horse, Alynda recruited the Tumbleweeds to be her touring band, drastically altering the sound of Hurray for the Riff Raff.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blue Ridge Mountain - 67,334 plays
- The Body Electric - 48,344 plays
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - 23,751 plays
- Look Out Mama - 35,568 plays
- Fine and Mellow - 21,988 plays
- The New SF Bay Blues - 28,441 plays
- Crash On The Highway - 27,810 plays
- I Know It's Wrong (But That's Alright) - 26,435 plays
- Jealous Guy - 23,294 plays
- End Of The Line - 25,922 plays