0 Shouts - 299,639 Scrobbles
There are 7 artists with this nameRead More...
1)Melodic Hardcore band based in Adelaide. https://www.facebook.com/humanshc
2)Humans are a two piece electro-folk outfit from Vancouver, BC consisting of members Peter Ricq and Robbie Slade.
2) Humans were a well entrenched Santa Cruz, California semi-surf band, that had played in the area since 1976, originally as The Mysterious People. In 1979 they took the name Humans. Interestingly, the three mainstays (Sterling Storm, Eric Gies and John Anderson) have played together in some fashion since the 1960's in Southern California (Eddie and The Showmen (1963) are the earliest known recordings of the three), working their way up the coast to the idyllic Santa Cruz area.
Sterling Storm's lyrics and voice were reminiscent of Wall Of Voodoo's Stan Ridgway, while bassist Eric Gies' (responsible for some of Humans' other material) wrote mostly quirky love ballads. Most of their songs centered around paranoia, big cities and personal identity crises with a dash of zany love and sex. The playing of both the writers as well as guitarist John Anderson (no, not that John Anderson), and drummers Jerome Deupree and Jim Norris (who rotated through during Humans' I.R.S. period) were top notch. Keyboardists David Larstein and Lee Stewart provide the frantic rhythm that gave their 'near-hit' "I Live In The City" it's dynamic one two punch. While nominally a "surf-band" their style embodied touches of Reggae, R&B and pure bubblegum pop and rock.
Storm, Gies and Anderson were rounded out by a rotating assortment of drummers and sometime keyboardists. They continued to play around the Bay Area into the late 80s and even managed to make a long-form video to accompany their full length I.R.S. LP before calling it quits. Storm is now producing records and one of the two drummers who "rotated on through" during their I.R.S. stint is now in Boston, drumming for both a jazz trio and an alternative rock band.
3) Humans is a spazz-thrash-punk band from Bloomington, IN
4) Humans is an indie band from Charlotte, NC
5) Humans WAS a shortlived project by two girls in suburban areas of New Hampshire. We were on a compilation called PeacePunx which you can download for free, http://www.reverbnation.com/peacepunx THERE. I encourage you to do so and watch out for a new compilation. Or even submit something for one. I'm hoping to start creating more songs with more friends real soon. there are a couple tracks up on http://www.myspace.com/carniesunite but it (humans) is mostly (definitely) dead and will soon be replaced by new and fascinating things.
6) Humans are a three piece Dance-punk band from Melbourne, Australia
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- avec mes mecs - 59,124 plays
- mon ton ton 2 - 23,061 plays
- De Ciel - Original Mix - 16,944 plays
- bike home - 17,830 plays
- Possession - Original Mix - 10,133 plays
- mon ton ton - 11,443 plays
- wake up - 10,151 plays
- Possession - 10,528 plays
- De Ciel - 9,701 plays
- witness - 7,596 plays