0 Shouts - 2,866 Scrobbles
Houston Stackhouse (September 28, 1910 – September 23, 1980) was an American Delta blues guitarist and singer. He is best known for his association and work with Robert Nighthawk. Although Stackhouse was not especially noted as a guitarist nor singer, Nighthawk showed gratitude for being taught to play by Stackhouse, by backing him on a number of recordings in the late 1960s. Apart from a tour to Europe, Stackhouse confined his performing around the Mississippi Delta.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Big Road Blues - (2:29) - 62 plays
- Cool Water Blues - (3:17) - 26 plays
- Cool Drink Of Water - (3:16) - 22 plays
- Canned Heat - (3:06) - 27 plays
- Take A Little Walk With Me - (2:54) - 20 plays
- Big Fat Mama Blues - (2:51) - 16 plays
- Smokestack Lightning - 8 plays
- Mean Red Spider - (3:27) - 6 plays
- The Wrong Man - (2:37) - 7 plays
- Sweet Black Angel Blues - (5:00) - 8 plays