26 Shouts - 410,624 Scrobbles
Hothouse Flowers is an Irish rock group that combines traditional Irish music with influences from soul, gospel and rock. The group first formed in 1985 when Liam Ó Maonlaí and Fiachna ó Braonáin (who had known each other as children in a Gaelic-speaking school) began performing as street musicians, or buskers, on the streets of Dublin, Ireland as "The Incomparable Benzini Brothers." They were soon joined by Peter O'Toole, and had won a street-entertainer award within a year. They renamed the group "Hothouse Flowers" and began writing songs and performing throughout Ireland.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThere's smell of fresh cut grass
and it's filling up my senses
And the sun is shining down on the blossoms in the avenue.
There's a buzzing fly hanging
around the bluebells and the daisies
- I Can See Clearly Now - (4:52) - 1,001 plays
- Thing Of Beauty - (5:27) - 672 plays
- LyricsThis song tells exactly how, when I was, while I was
Sitting back on my deep pile reclining chair
Thinking about my life and all the good things that happened
Well, it just came to mind to me that
Yeah, came to mind to me that
- LyricsWell, I'm coming face to face with my conscience
Coming to an understanding of myself
Clear out all the old cobwebs
Clear out all the old books from the shelf
This song is inspired by a good man and his tune
- It'll Be Easier In The Morning - (3:35) - 542 plays
- Sweet Marie - (6:05) - 406 plays
- Feel Like Living - (5:07) - 544 plays
- Movies - (4:38) - 361 plays
- Love Don't Work This Way - (3:43) - 354 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online