26 Shouts - 368,690 Scrobbles
Hothouse Flowers is an Irish rock group that combines traditional Irish music with influences from soul, gospel and rock. The group first formed in 1985 when Liam Ó Maonlaí and Fiachna ó Braonáin (who had known each other as children in a Gaelic-speaking school) began performing as street musicians, or buskers, on the streets of Dublin, Ireland as "The Incomparable Benzini Brothers." They were soon joined by Peter O'Toole, and had won a street-entertainer award within a year. They renamed the group "Hothouse Flowers" and began writing songs and performing throughout Ireland.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThere's smell of fresh cut grass
and it's filling up my senses
And the sun is shining down on the blossoms in the avenue.
There's a buzzing fly hanging
around the bluebells and the daisies
- I Can See Clearly Now - (4:52) - 1,172 plays
- I'm Sorry - (3:35) - 759 plays
- LyricsWell, I'm coming face to face with my conscience
Coming to an understanding of myself
Clear out all the old cobwebs
Clear out all the old books from the shelf
This song is inspired by a good man and his tune
- LyricsIf the lonely night surrounds you
Yeah you're weighed down by gloom
No you don't like what it feels in
Your dark and dirty room
It'll be easier in the morning
- Feel Like Living - (5:07) - 1,130 plays
- Movies - (4:38) - 453 plays
- Love Don't Work This Way - (3:43) - 389 plays
- Thing Of Beauty - (5:27) - 471 plays
- Sweet Marie - (6:05) - 395 plays
- Rebecca Black Enters Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart With “Saturday”
- Nirvana To Be Inducted Into The Rock N’ Roll Hall Of Fame
- Eminem ft. Rihanna’s “The Monster”: A Sequel To “Love The Way You Lie”?
- Garth Brooks Rules The Billboard 200 Chart With New Release
- Jay Z Leads The GRAMMYs Nominations Pack With 9 Nods