68 Shouts - 1,735,157 Scrobbles
Horace Ward Martin Tavares Silver (born September 2, 1928 in Norwalk, Connecticut) is a famous jazz pianist and composer born to a Cape Verdean father (of mixed Portuguese-black descent) and a mother of Irish and African descent. He is known for his distinctive humorous and funky playing style, and for his pioneering contributions to hard bop. Silver was influenced by a wide range of musical styles, notably gospel music, African music, and Latin American music. Silver began his career as a saxophonist, but later switched to piano.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Song for my Father - (5:16) - 14,561 plays
- Song For My Father (Rudy Van Gelder Edition) [1999 - Remastered] - (7:18) - 7,683 plays
- Que Pasa - (7:46) - 4,030 plays
- The Preacher - (4:17) - 2,917 plays
- Doodlin' - (6:45) - 2,420 plays
- Sister Sadie - (6:19) - 2,590 plays
- Peace - (6:02) - 2,356 plays
- Senor Blues - (7:02) - 2,199 plays
- Que Pasa (Trio Version) - (5:36) - 1,942 plays
- Creepin' in - (7:26) - 1,790 plays