Homer & Jethro
1 Shouts - 29,501 Scrobbles
Homer & Jethro (the stage names of guitarist Henry Haynes and mandolin player Kenneth Burns) were a country duo active from the 1940’s to the 1960’s, famous for satirical parodies often set to country or bluegrass variations of popular tunes. Known as “the thinking man’s hillbillies”. They poked fun at current events, popular musicians, and early rock & roll. A precursor to “Hee-Haw” style comedy.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Battle Of Kookamonga - (2:38) - 103 plays
- Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - (1:54) - 27 plays
- She Made Toothpicks of the Timber of My Heart - (2:14) - 15 plays
- Sixteen Tons - (2:12) - 20 plays
- Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyeballs - (2:21) - 16 plays
- How Much is That Hound Dog in the Window? - (2:50) - 15 plays
- I'm My Own Grandpaw - (2:14) - 11 plays
- The Battle of the Kookamonga - (2:41) - 13 plays
- The Billboard Song - (2:17) - 14 plays
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - (2:54) - 9 plays