Sound experimental group Hex Orchestra was formed in 2006 by Mark Altekruse, Pete Marett and Lee Groves. “Hex” (meaning six) comes from the fact there are six strings on a guitar. This is the nucleus of the music they create, with an orchestral inspiration encapsulating their idea of three central figures driving the music along and collaborations with fellow musicians. Mark, a former LA session guitarist and an avid player since the age of twelve, has been leading and championing guitar technology for many years, which brings a plethora of sounds not usually heard from a guitar to the album.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fade To Black - (3:22) - 10 plays
- Just So - (3:02) - 3 plays
- Terminal Earth - (4:40) - 48 plays
- Mi Corazon Brilla (Spiralizer radio mix) (feat. Free Dominguez of Kidney Thieves) - 4 plays
- Redemption Day - Maverick Souls Dub - (8:14) - 1 plays
- Suspended Animation - (3:33) - 1 plays
- Mi Corazon Brilla - Spiralizer Radio Dub - (3:40) - 1 plays