427 Shouts - 8,904,007 Scrobbles
Herbert Jeffrey Hancock (born April 12, 1940) is a jazz pianist and composer from Chicago, Illinois, United States. Hancock is one of jazz music's most important and influential pianists and composers. He embraced elements of rock, funk, and soul while adopting freer stylistic elements from jazz. As part of Miles Davis' "second great quintet" Hancock helped redefine the role of a jazz rhythm section, and was later one of the first jazz musicians to embrace synthesizers and jazz funk.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Watermelon Man - (6:57) - 50,152 plays
- Cantaloupe Island - (13:57) - 31,242 plays
- Chameleon - (7:37) - 29,344 plays
- Maiden Voyage - (7:57) - 22,453 plays
- Sly - (10:15) - 13,828 plays
- Driftin' - (6:56) - 12,230 plays
- Vein Melter - (9:10) - 10,400 plays
- Dolphin Dance - (9:16) - 10,178 plays
- The Eye Of The Hurricane - (6:01) - 7,890 plays