7 Shouts - 29,290 Scrobbles
Henry Kaiser, born in Oakland, California, on 19 September 1952, is a widely-recorded experimental guitarist and frequent collaborator with other musicians from the San Francisco Bay Area. His grandfather was the industrialist Henry J. Kaiser. He is considered a member of the "first generation" of American free improvisors, reflecting influences from European free players including, among others, Derek Bailey and Evan Parker. In 1978, Kaiser founded the Metalanguage Records label with Larry Ochs (Rova Saxophone Quartet) and Greg Goodman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Warm Grey to Pale Yellow - (2:04) - 69 plays
- Basho's Journey - (9:14) - 59 plays
- Words - (6:19) - 54 plays
- Requiem for Fred Lieberman - (21:53) - 49 plays
- Sun Ra, Stockhausen, and Feldman Walk Into a Bar on Saturn - (8:14) - 52 plays
- The Many Worlds of Hubert Sumlin - (3:49) - 43 plays
- Famadihana Requiem for Dr. JB - (2:12) - 45 plays
- Ships That Pass in the Night for Masayuki Takayanagi & Toru Takemitsu - (2:43) - 38 plays
- Blind Joe Death vs. Charlie Appleyard - (5:09) - 32 plays
- Blue Spirits for Randy California - (3:47) - 36 plays