24 Shouts - 89,244 Scrobbles
Henry Cowell (March 11, 1897 - December 10, 1965) was an American composer, musical theorist, pianist, teacher, publisher, and impresario. His contribution to the world of music was summed up by Virgil Thomson, writing in the early 1950s: "Henry Cowell's music covers a wider range in both expression and technique than that of any other living composer. His experiments begun three decades ago in rhythm, in harmony, and in instrumental sonorities were considered then by many to be wild. Today they are the Bible of the young and still, to the conservatives, "advanced.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Banshee - (3:23) - 752 plays
- Exultation - (2:38) - 420 plays
- Fabric - (1:38) - 243 plays
- Dynamic Motion - (3:57) - 248 plays
- Aeolian Harp - (3:21) - 214 plays
- Lilt of the Reel - (2:04) - 181 plays
- Tiger - (3:00) - 150 plays
- The Tides of Manaunaun - (2:30) - 173 plays
- Anger Dance - (1:54) - 120 plays
- Tides of Manaunaun - (3:11) - 133 plays