0 Shouts - 393,554 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name:Read More...
1) Helix is a Canadian hard rock/heavy metal band that formed in 1974 for a Battle of the Bands contest in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and is best known for their 1984 single "Rock You". The original lineup consisted of singer Brian Vollmer, guitarists Brent Doerner and Paul Hackman, bassist Keith Zurbrigg and drummer Brian Doerner. In 1992, Hackman died when the group's van rolled down a 40-foot enbankment after a concert in Vancouver. The band recorded the song "That Day Is Gonna Come", as a tribute to Hackman, and the video for the song featured unique Super 8 and video footage shot by Vollmer on the road over the years.
Helix released two independent albums, entitled Breaking Loose and White Lace & Black Leather in 1979 and 1981 respectively. They then signed to Capitol Records and releasing several Canadian hit albums in the '80s - No Rest For The Wicked, Walkin' The Razor's Edge and Long Way To Heaven. Walkin' the Razor's Edge sold more than 100,000 copies in Canada and 400,000 internationally.
The lead singer and sole member to remain in the band throughout their career is Brian Vollmer. Currently Brian manages every aspect of the Helix organization from booking tours to distributing Helix merchandise. He also teaches the classical vocal technique Bel Canto in London (where he also lives) as well as singing classical music at weddings and funerals throughout southern Ontario.
Helix has toured with KISS, Aerosmith, Rush, Mötley Crüe, Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Heart, Quiet Riot, W.A.S.P., and Motörhead.
In October 2006, the song "Heavy Metal Love" was to be featured on the soundtrack for the Trailer Park Boys movie, however at the last minute the track was pulled by Dean Cameron, president of EMI Canada as distribution of the CD was being handled by Universal, and not EMI.
A latest CD entitled Get Up! was released in 2007 featuring six new songs and a re-recording of "Heavy Metal Love."
2) Alias of Beau Thigpen. Techno, grime, and southern rap-influenced producer from Atlanta, released on All Caps and well-known British bass/whatchamacallit label Night Slugs.
3) Helix helix, part of marionette records and resident at the crash bang wallop nights(RIP) in leeds, has been producing for over 6 years now, has had releases on marionette, deformat, and dead channel
4) Helix is an independent electronic music producer based in Oregon, USA, who has released a series of electro / breaks / industrial tracks on the Newgrounds Audio Portal. His music is characterized by stomping beats and deep, heavy basslines.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGimme an are (R!)
Whatcha got? (Rock!)
- LyricsGot me a baby she's hard as nails, She's my
(Heavy Metal Love)
She plays guitar just like she's ringin' a bell, she's my
(Heavy Metal Love)
Leather and lace, you know what I've found, she's my
- Gimme Gimme Good Lovin' - 11,335 plays
- Get Up! - 6,518 plays
- LyricsLately, all the nights are all the same
Since you said goodbye
I'm all alone
The only voice is my own
Did you hear me?
- Fill Your Head With Rock! - 5,333 plays
- When The Hammer Falls - 6,757 plays
- Drum Track - 5,946 plays
- Animal House - 5,982 plays
- (Make Me Do) Anything You Want - 7,208 plays