93 Shouts - 1,432,818 Scrobbles
Louis Hector Berlioz (11th December 1803–8th March 1869) was a French Romantic composer best known for the Symphonie fantastique, first performed in 1830, and for his Requiem - Grande messe des morts - of 1837, with its tremendous resources that include four antiphonal brass choirs. Berlioz was born in France at La Côte-Saint-André in the département of Isère, between Lyon and Grenoble. His father was a physician, and young Hector was sent to Paris to study medicine at the age of eighteen.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Un Bal - (6:15) - 3,071 plays
- Marche Hongroise - (4:50) - 2,198 plays
- Marche Au Supplice - (4:55) - 1,919 plays
- Scene 9: Tambours et trompettes sonnant le ratraite - (1:07) - 1,766 plays
- Reveries - Passions - (12:51) - 1,660 plays
- Ballet des sylphes - (8:49) - 1,461 plays
- Scene 7: Air de Mephistopheles: `Voici des roses' - (2:31) - 1,213 plays
- Scene 2: Ronde des paysans: Les bergers quittent leurs troupeaux - (3:39) - 1,194 plays
- Rakoczy March - (4:21) - 1,180 plays
- Chanson de Brander: `Certain rat, dans une cuisine' - (2:15) - 939 plays