Harry "Sweets" Edison
0 Shouts - 11,932 Scrobbles
Harry "Sweets" Edison (1915-1999) A master trumpet accompanist. Born in Ohio and raised in Kentucky, Harry was introduced to music by his uncle. He picked up the trumpet at age 12. Went to New York and joined Count Basie in 1937. He became a prominent soloist in the Basie Band. Lester Young was the first to call him "Sweets". He played with Basie for 13 years, after which he pursued a varied career. i.e. - Orchestras, T.V. shows, musical director for Redd Foxx. He's recorded with Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Ben Webster.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- K.M. Blues - (3:31) - 62 plays
- Willow Weep For Me - (4:45) - 92 plays
- How Deep Is The Ocean - (3:44) - 85 plays
- Walkin' With Sweets - (7:15) - 67 plays
- Love Is Here To Stay - (9:51) - 50 plays
- Used To Be Basie - (5:58) - 57 plays
- Hollering At The Watkins - (3:34) - 38 plays
- The Very Thought of You - (6:06) - 44 plays
- Wave - 42 plays
- Impressario - (8:42) - 25 plays