74 Shouts - 948,130 Scrobbles
Harold Faltermeyer (born October 5, 1952 in Munich) is a German musician, keyboardist, composer and record producer. He is recognized as one of the composers/producers who best captured the zeitgeist of 1980s synth-pop in film scores. Best known for the "Axel F" electronic theme for "Beverly Hills Cop" and the "Top Gun Anthem" from the soundtrack for "Top Gun" - both often imitated, highly influential instrumental hits that to some extent practically redefined action film scoring in the 80s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Axel F - (3:02) - 17,168 plays
- Top Gun Anthem - (4:09) - 7,318 plays
- Memories - (2:56) - 2,199 plays
- Axel F. - (6:59) - 1,505 plays
- Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - (3:01) - 258 plays
- Fletch Theme - (3:30) - 226 plays
- Top Gun Anthem (Album Version) - (4:10) - 135 plays
- Theme from "Fletch" (feat. Charles Fernandez) - (2:57) - 121 plays
- Axel F (Beverly Hills Cop) - (4:15) - 167 plays
- Captain Freedom's Workout - (2:30) - 91 plays