76 Shouts - 977,793 Scrobbles
Harold Faltermeyer (born October 5, 1952 in Munich) is a German musician, keyboardist, composer and record producer. He is recognized as one of the composers/producers who best captured the zeitgeist of 1980s synth-pop in film scores. Best known for the "Axel F" electronic theme for "Beverly Hills Cop" and the "Top Gun Anthem" from the soundtrack for "Top Gun" - both often imitated, highly influential instrumental hits that to some extent practically redefined action film scoring in the 80s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Axel F - (3:02) - 16,541 plays
- Top Gun Anthem - (4:09) - 6,612 plays
- Memories - (2:56) - 2,029 plays
- Axel F. - (6:59) - 1,387 plays
- Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - (3:01) - 261 plays
- Fletch Theme - (3:30) - 198 plays
- Top Gun Anthem (Album Version) - (4:10) - 137 plays
- Theme from "Fletch" (feat. Charles Fernandez) - (2:57) - 70 plays
- Jack Orlando Main Theme - (3:19) - 175 plays
- Captain Freedom's Workout - (2:30) - 109 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online